Friday, February 4, 2011

Reading Reaction Journal #1

Reference:
Singah, M. (2010, Sept 21). Math Is Not Hard?. Retrieved 30, January 2011, from
http://www.articlesbase.com/tutoring-articles/math-is-not-hard-3357928.html
Summary:

 This article discusses the difficulties which face the students in Mathematics classes because they did not know the basic subjects of mathematics. Mathematics has very interrelated themes and if the student misses one of these themes he will face a problem to solve questions of mathematics. So the students always say mathematics is very difficult. Mathematics is very easy if you have the necessary information about mathematics.
Reaction:
My major is mathematics, so I was interested in this article. The main reason that makes me glad in reading this article is the encouragement that makes the students change their bad opinion about mathematics. The author tries to treat the psychological side of students when he says, Math Is Not Hard? . Although the students have a scientific problem, I think the best way to solve any problem is that we should solve the psychological problems before we solve scientific problems. Afterward , the author talked about the solution of scientific problem, which is that we should study mathematics step by step. So I was interested in this subject, but there is another problem, which is how can the teacher reach information to students easily ?. The author did not explain the relationship between the teacher and his process. The answer for above question depends on the skills of the teacher. When I was a teacher in mathematics and when I received questions from my students, I was changing my way to teach them. Finally, I was very happy because I found a person who encourages the students to learn mathematics in smart way.

No comments:

Post a Comment