Monday, February 28, 2011

RRJ#4


Reference:
Lane, R. (2011, February 4). Students Find the Fun in Math, Science. Times- Georgian. Retrieved 19, February 2011, from

Summary:
The article talked about the teachers who teach their students by entertainment. The school included the teachers of math and science. The teachers were able to make the students very happy. For example, the teacher of physical science made the student sit on the chair, and balance on a board with a rubber bubble under it. And another example, the teacher of math used a smart board in her classroom. The students were very happy.

Reaction
In this article it talks about entertaining meet between the teachers and the students. I was very happy with this article because it encourages the other teachers to use entertainment in education. This article explains that the students delight when they learn by entertainment. When I was teacher, I was teaching my students by entertainment. I know that the teaching by entertainment takes a long time to prepare, but we should use it to attract and teach our students in an entertaining way. For example, I divided two groups and every group contains three students, I asked every group to take three papers which are similar, and I asked them to arrange themselves to make the number which I asked. The teaching by fun teaches the students easily. Although math is very difficult, the students will accept and like it because they study by fun. The author covered all of what was happening in the meeting. Moreover, he could be able to give us some obvious examples about the section of physical science. However, he did not write obvious examples about the math. Because the heading was written about math and science, I expected that the article would be about math more than science. Finally, the article was very interesting because it encourages the teachers to use the entertainment with teaching.   

No comments:

Post a Comment